Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sneak Peek: Flower Girl Purses & Bridesmaid Bouquet

I'm putting together my blog post for my next wedding - and it's a splendiferous one.  But first I must share these super cute flower girl purses I made for the wedding.  I am so proud of them - they deserve their own post.  I've been wanting to make flower girl purses for quite some time and I finally convinced one of my bride's to let me.  Thank you Niloofar for having faith in me and letting me be creative :) 

Confession: Since I have never made these before - I wasn't sure how many carnations I would need for three purses.  So I guessed - and well, I guessed wrong.  I was off about 5 carnations.  That's it - but 5 carnations is a lot when you have a gaping whole in a purse.  So I was forced to be creative...and with some help with my assistant Nikki, we found a cute solution.  And I have to say - I'm glad I was short 5 carnations because it made me think out of the box.  I really liked how they turned out!  We used some dusty miller, eucalyptus leaves, a rose to give the purse an accent.  My bride also gave me some hair clips to use in her bouquet (which was super awesome stunning, by the way but more on that later) but I decided to put them on the purses instead.  It was adorable.





And here is a sneak peak at the bridesmaid bouquet.  If you like this - you will LOVE the bride's bouquet.  That's coming up a little later!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never saw flower girl purses completely covered in flowers, like these! They are darling! (By the way, just discovered your blog...and I'm so glad I did.)

    ReplyDelete