Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cupcake Bandwagon (I'm on it!)

So it's my brother-in-law's 30th birthday in a couple of weeks. I have been put in charge of his Dessert Reception that will be held at The Gallery Lounge (SOMA) in the city. So I have been brainstorming like crazy on the many desserts we can have. And of course, at the top of my list are CUPCAKES. I love little versions of things. Like puppies, kittens and flower buds - and cupcakes fall under the same category of "small and cute". Anyway, I've been researching around and found some interesting options out there. It's been a growing trend to replace wedding cakes with cupcakes and it's definitely an affordable option.

American Cupcake
They cater only and cupcakes are $3 per regular size cupcake and $2 per mini cupcakes. They deliver for $25 within San Francisco. They have quite a few selection of flavors and you can have up to 3 flavors for 150 cupcakes.



A super cute bakery located in the Marina in San Francisco. I bought my birthday cupcakes here. So I can personally vouche for their yumminess. They are pretty als0. Regular cupcakes start at $3 each and Wedding Cupcakes are $5 each. Not sure why Wedding cupcakes are more...maybe because they tie a ribbon around it? But ribbon doesn't cost that much. Oh well. Why not just order cupcakes for a "party" and have someone pick them up? They deliver also.


Love At First Bite Bakery located in Berkeley. They have so many flavors and choices, I don't know how one would choose! They range from $2.50 - $2.75 per cupcake. Not sure if they deliver or not.




Teacake Bake Shop located in Emeryville. Cupcakes are $3 each and they have a bunch of flavors to choose from. Not sure about delivery but their shop is in the Bay Street Shopping Center.



They even make Custom Monogram Cupcakes!



Whiskie Bits Bakery is located in Oakland but delivers to the east bay ($20-$30) and San Francisco ($30-$40). You can check out their pricing and minimums here. Basically cupcakes are $3 each. This Bakery has exotic flavors such as Holy Land Lemon and Lavender Bee. Sounds good to me!



Green Tea Cupcakes


Sibby's Cupcakery is located in San Mateo. They deliver to most areas in the bay area (San Francisco to San Jose) for $25. They also allow you to them up. They cost $39 for a dozen. Their website doesn't allow me to link to their pictures :( So you will have to check out their website and see their cute designs!

And after of all of that - I might just make my own. Check out The Cupcake Blog! Here the blogger gives step by step instructions and

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:28 AM

    looooove teacake bake shop in emeryville. devil's foodcake w/ dulce de leche frosting cupcakies are the best!

    ReplyDelete