Monday, August 11, 2008

A Birthday Celebration!

I ended July with a birthday celebration for my Mother in Law - Trudy. It was a 60th Birthday Celebration so it had to be fabulous (since Trudy is pretty fabulous herself). I had Lisa from Bellissima Weddings help out since my pregnant belly slows me down these days!

The food that we ordered was some barbecue from Armadillo Willy's so wanted to do a nice version of a outdoor picnic. The colors we used were chartreuse, yellow and white.


First I made the invites. I designed the invite on my computer and
bought supplies from Paper Source.



We had the party in their backyard so we rented some tables, chairs and
linens from Classic Party Rentals.


For the centerpiece I made a small floral arrangement, filled a vase with
some limes and made a small pomander with daisies.

I loved these little pomanders!


It was a small affair (30 guests) so we treated each linen napkin
with an orchid and berries.



We decorated the fence and trees with some paper lanterns.

The tall branch arrangement I made for the appetizer table.
Do you see the red cooler in the background?
That was instantly removed once I saw it in the picture. :)


As a surprise for Trudy we hired a Caricaturist to draw some pictures of the guests.
Here is grandma and Grandpa with their picture!

Here's the picture drawn for Ben and me.

Hope you enjoyed your birthday Trudy!

3 comments:

  1. I just posted about this too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:37 PM

    the little daisy poms are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you two always do such great work together. it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete